Almost all the buyers we speak to already know about Rightmove, but here are some things we come across that some buyers were not aware of:
- Rightmove is NOT an estate agent, it is a ‘portal’ just like Zoopla and OnTheMarket (and many others). These portals are platforms for estate agents to advertise their properties on.
- Guest Estate Agents is nothing to do with Rightmove (but we do advertise on there, of course).
- Virtually all estate agents advertise their properties on Rightmove.
- You can create a free account on Rightmove and save specific search criteria so that you get email alerts as soon as suitable property comes on the market. This removes the need to contact agents separately (unless some agents are selling properties before they get onto Rightmove, not in the vendor’s best interests in our opinion).
- If you have a property to sell, it is best to get on the market (ideally sold) before you start looking seriously for somewhere to buy, otherwise you may fall in love with a property but you are not in a position to proceed with it.
- If you are getting a new mortgage that is the same or less than your current one, you are not automatically accepted for this. You still need to re-apply for it (even if keeping the same deal)
We are happy to help with any queries you may have or if you need a mortgage, a free initial chat with an independent mortgage adviser can usually answer all your queries in one go. Call us on 01527 306 420 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if we can help in any way.